Thursday, April 28, 2011

Too Late to Stay Sane

So last night after getting ready for bed we, being my roommates Kristen, Casmin and I, decided it would be a good idea to set an alarm so we could actually get up for class this morning.  We never would have guessed how hard it would be to set an alarm, but it took us probably 15 minutes to set the alarm.  Now we aren't dumb.  We were working with my phon to tell us the time but it hadn't changed time zones, so it was still California time.  So I went to my world clock to find the time in London.  Kristen said it was 12:30 am here according to her computer, but my world clock said it was 11:30 pm.  Mine had to be right though because it was my phone and used the satelite, right? Wrong!  We decided on the old fashioned way of counting 8 hours from California time and it really was 12:30 am.  However it did not end there.  We had to figure out in how many hours we would wake up and add that on to the California time.  which meant we were waking up at 1:00 am California time, but 9:00 am our time.  So pretty much we just decided we were not going to have jet lag.  So new London moto: Sleep when your dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment