Thursday, April 26, 2012

New York Day: 6

Today was the hardest to get up.  But We had to pack and be out of our rooms by 9am.  One thing I have learned on this trip is that it really doesn’t take me that long to get ready.  We got all our stuff put in the room and went to Jamba again for breakfast and then headed to the fashion district to shop for fabric.  We went to 3 different stores that sold spandex to find material to make swimsuits for our class.  Finally we found some we liked at a store but it took forever to try to figure it out.  We then decided to go to 5th avenue and go to the nice stores down there.  It was actually really fun to stop in to some of the stores.  We went to Steve Madden and probably could have spent the whole day there.  I loved looking at the shoes.  They didn’t have the ones I liked in my size, but I got flip-flops for mom and I.  We were probably just sitting in there for an hour an they brought us whatever we asked, it was so nice!  On our way down the street we stopped into Urban Outfitters and H&M.  We also passed by Abercrombie and Fitch, which is funny because there is a line out the door.  They have live models inside with their shirts off and stuff, pretty crazy.  Hollister is awesome because the front of their store is a huge TV screen of the surfers at Huntington Beach.  They also have live models.  We also stopped into Sephora, which was awesome because of how it was designed with balconies and everything.  Our last stop was Henry Bendel, we felt weird walking in because it was so nice but we went in and it was awesome!!  Its an old mansion that they have turned into a store.  A girl wanted to show us hair stuff so she did our hair.  She just re-curled Desi’s hair and straightened/curled mine, except she didn’t do the back.  So I had wavy hair in the front and curly hair in the back.  We decided we were hungry so we stopped to eat at the Plaza Hotel (like in Home Alone, Eloise and Bride wars).  We just got sandwiches from a cheese shop (they had like different food sections).  I got an Italian grilled cheese that was way too cheesy…I couldn’t eat the whole thing.  I forgot my metro card so we walked back to the hotel, but it only took us like 30 minutes so we had time to kill.  We went to Time Square and just sat at a table and chilled.  After we got to the hotel and put our purchases in our luggage we were waiting in the lobby and the fire alarm went off.  It was funny because no one moved or did anything and then they announced it was a false alarm.  Our bus came and we watched them load our luggage before getting on.  As we were standing there a weird guy dressed up as Elvis came right up to Desi and stood there staring at her till she noticed, it was way weird!  We hurried onto the bus.  It took us 2 hours on the bus to get to the airport because of rush hour, which meant we had a little over an hour to check in and go through security.  We got special treatment checking in and ran to the security line.  Everyone was split up and trying to figure out what to do.  I got in the security line and realized something had to be done because we weren’t moving and our flight was boarding in 20 minutes.  I went up to the guy and told him the situation and everyone in our group joined me.  So I told him we had a class that needed to get through security fast.  He let us through!  I have never done anything like that before.  It was still a long wait though because they only had one guy checking tickets and two scanner things.  We ran to the gate only to find out we had to take a shuttle to our gate.  Everyone started getting together and then we realized Desi was the only one missing, so we were calling her like crazy.  Two girls went running to find her just as the shuttle was loading, thankfully they did and we all got on the shuttle with 20 minutes till our flight was supposed to leave.  We got to the gate just in time an got on the plane.  I mean I doubt they would have left with 20 people missing, but it was a crazy experience.  So now I am on the plane and we are supposed to arrive around 11pm.  I am planning on opening my mission call around midnight.  So that will be crazy!!  I’ve been freaking out about it.  I want to open it, but I don’t.  It kind of makes me feel stressed and scared and like throwing up, but I am sure it’ll be okay once I open it.

No comments:

Post a Comment