Saturday, April 21, 2012

New York Day: 1


Today began yet another adventure.  I woke up at 4am so that I could get to the airport at 6:30 and leave for New York.  Aaron and Caz came and got me around 4:45am.  We then set off for our wonderful drive.  We dropped Matt off at his house in South Jordan and saw were Aaron lives and headed for the airport.  I got there a few minutes early and checked in and everything.  I pretty much slept on the whole flight there, which was weird because usually I can’t sleep on airplanes.  My head didn’t do the fall forward thing!!  We got there and found our tour guide then headed out of the airport.  First thing I learned when walking out the doors is not to expect to smell fresh air.  It was gross.  We loaded all our stuff on the bus and headed to our Hotel in Manhattan.  We got there and got into our rooms and everything then tried to figure out what to do the rest of the day.  I was glad because it wasn’t raining!!  We went on a tour of the area around our hotel with our guide and got an idea of the things around us.  Since it was such good weather Desi and I decided to go to the Empire State building.  We walked to the building and found it okay but couldn’t figure out what entrance to use.  Finally some guards pointed us to the right doors and we went in.  We had to go through security and the guy only made me take my sweater off because he had made Desi take hers off, but the thing didn’t even go off when I walked through.  We took an elevator up to the 80th floor!  It took like 2 minutes for the elevator to get up there!  I was a little scared.  It only showed the floors by tens.  Once on the 80th floor instead of waiting in line for another elevator we just walked up 6 flights of stairs.  It was crazy being up there!  It was way high up and you could see things from so far away!  It was way fun!!  We had to get up early for church so we went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment